This move rocks! The leader will hold the follower like a guitar in a graceful and impressive lift. It’s easier than you might think.
- From Belt Loop Shadow, initiate an Inside Turn with your right hand and step to the left for a wide stance. Interrupt and end the turn by bringing your arm over your own head. The follow should be basically in front of your right leg.
- Maintain your right hand on your follow’s waist, bend down and reach behind your follow’s left thigh to take a hold of her leg.
- Use your knees to lift her up and swing her leg to the left so her right hip rests on your left thigh. Your left leg is bent into a lunge, your right leg is straight.
- Swing her back up to the right into a Basket or Carousel, change directions and step around to spin counter-clockwise.
- Keep your left arm over your lead’s shoulder.
- You may place your right hand over his for more stability and connection.
- When you are airborne, lift and place the sole of your right boot on or near your inner left thigh.
- When the lead swings you back to the right, bring your knees together and keep your legs bent for the Basket.
- For the Carousel, cross your right leg over your left. Like you’re sitting pretty in a chair.