Are you ready to take your country dancing to the next level? Whether you’re a beginner or have years of dance experience, this site is the ultimate how-to resource for all things Country Swing!
New to dancing?
Maybe you’re looking for a new hobby, or a way to meet other single people. Maybe you have a wedding coming up and you’re nervous about what to do for your first dance with your spouse. Maybe you and your significant other are looking for a new way to build a deeper connection. Whatever brought you here, I am glad you’re here! It’s an honor to share my knowledge with you and help you discover the joy of country dance. Social dancing is a rewarding activity. It’s fun, healthy, and is a great way to connect with other people.
Check out my Beginner’s Guide which will help you figure out where to begin, and teach you the fundamental moves you need to know to start dancing with confidence.
Have you been dancing for a while?
Maybe you have been stuck in a rut with the same dance moves and combinations. Perhaps you want to learn new moves to impress your friends, or sweep that special someone off their feet (literally). Maybe you can’t make it to live dance classes, or you want to see that move from class again so you can practice it at home. Whatever your background and experience, I got you! Start by browsing the Library, where you will find pages for each move categorized by type, name and level. Each page contains:
- A description of the move and a step-by-step breakdown of the move
- Photos and videos of the move to help you visualize it and break it down into steps (more videos coming soon!)
- A list of moves that could come before or after each move, to help you build unique combos with ease
- Variations, to add some flair and branch out with minimal effort.
- Modifications for moves to minimize strain on your body if you have any physical limitations.
- A level prescribed to each move, to help you see the complexity of a move and build upon the things you know with confidence.
Since this website contains all original material, and is currently maintained by one person, it will take a while to fill out the pages with all of the materials that I intend to put there. Videos take the longest to produce, but I will prioritize the things that you request, so feel free to reach out! Email me here.