Be sure that you know all the essential moves of levels 1 and 2 to prepare you for the moves on level 3. It might help to go back and learn some bonus moves for those levels, too.
Techniques for Success at Level 3:
- All of the techniques from levels 1 & 2, plus:
- The lead is planning moves ahead and cuing them appropriately
- The follow is not back-leading and does not anticipate the lead’s next move
- Both lead and follow are aware of the points of contact needed for supported moves like leans and dips
- The lead uses the Right-to-Right hand position and knows at least one way to get in and out of it
- The lead is aware of his physical limitations and those of his follow. He makes modifications to the move, when needed, in the interest of safety.
- The lead consciously practices “vetting” new dance partners for their level of trust and dance experience.
- The follow contributes to navigating the dancefloor safely by cueing her lead when there is someone behind him, and taking up a small amount of space during turns and spins.
- The follow is providing enough arm tension to be lead effectively.