In this move, the leader slaps his thigh, follower hops onto the leader’s leg, then the leader launches her off. The follower can even choose to be launched into the air!
- Do a Belt Loop, and turn your left palm backwards to grab the follow’s hand in front, with your thumb locked over her thumb. This grip communicates that a special move is about to happen.
- Do an Inside Turn, but do not change the hand grip, and walk past the follow to your left to create some distance. Take a wide stance, with an open position and your partner to the left. Maintain tension in your left arm.
- Squat and slap your right thigh with your free hand.
- Lift your right arm ready to catch the follow at her waist when she lands on your thigh.
- Use your right arm and a little pop up from your knees to give your follow the momentum to hop back off to the left.
- When your lead gives you that handshake grip, curl your fingers around his hand.
- At the end of the Inside Turn, be sure to maintain tension in your right arm and put your weight over your left foot.
- When the lead slaps his thigh, take a step toward him with your right foot. Bounce off of this leg to do a 180 turn, as you tuck your legs back and hop up on his upper thigh. Rest your left hand on his shoulder for extra support and momentum for the exit.
- The lead will initiate the momentum back the other way, so push off with your legs and hand, do a 180 turn and land where you came from. Basically, you undo the hop.
- If your hand is behind hers and your palm is facing front, the move will not work.
- Aim for the lead’s upper thigh. Aiming too low could knock him off balance, or you might slide off, or hit his knee.
- If you want to be launched higher on the exit, stiffen and straighten your right arm and push off harder.