Type Spin, Circle
Level Level 5 Intermediate
Comes From Crossed Arm Slide
Leads To Double Lasso, Break Up, Spinneroo
This classic two-step move is fun. In the Window, the leader spins the follower to create an arm window between them. I like to make faces at them through the window, but you can do what you like.
- Do the Crossed Arm Slide to Cross-Handed Open Position with upside down handshake.
- Spin the follow two times CCW.
- Toward the end of the last spin, bring your arms into the window shape: your left forearm is vertical, and your right wrist is horizontal resting across it. Your elbow needs to be next to your follow’s shoulder.
- Walk around in a circle.
- Let go with the right hand, and re-position it underneath the “window.” Turn the follow clockwise to make the window going the other direction.
- Lead the follow to do two counter-clockwise spins to get out of the move.
- End with the break up, or launch into a double lasso or another move suggested above.
- You can walk around as long as you want to, which makes this move good for stalling time.
- Three clockwise turns will also reverse the move.
- Another way to reverse the move: Let go of the hand that’s in the middle of the window, and reach behind your back for your follow’s hand, then spin the follow twice.
- The lead can duck under both arms, then spin the follow.
6 thoughts on “Window”
[…] Comes From Cross-Handed Open Position, Crossed Arm Slide, Shadow Position, Window […]
[…] Leads To Tabletop, Duck Under Spin, Double Lasso, Window […]
[…] Comes From Cross-Handed Open Position, Spinneroo, Tabletop, Double Lasso, Window […]
[…] To Sliding Door, Sliding Door Dip, Window, Cross-Handed Open Position, The Break Up, Toss Away Spin, Fall For Me Dip, Hip Push […]
[…] To Tabletop, Duck Under Spin, Double Lasso, Window, High Five Spin, Crossed Arm […]
[…] Cross-Handed Open Position, Crossed Arm Slide, Shadow Position, Window, Back Lean, Side […]